20 Minute Skillet Monterey Chicken
Got 20 minutes? This 20 Minute Skillet Monterey Chicken is just what you want to make for dinner tonight...trust me! Chicken, barbecue sauce, bacon, and glorious cheese come together in this delightful yet simple dish. Sure to become a regular request at your home!
• Prep time: 32 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 slices bacon
• 1 tomato diced
• 2 green onions sliced
• 1/2 cup chicken stock
• salt and pepper (Optional)
• 4 oz Colby jack cheese shredded
• 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 4 tbsps barbecue sauce or use your favorite
- Fry bacon in a large skillet until crispy.
- While bacon is frying, pound chicken breasts to desired thickness. The thinner they are the less cooking time required. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Remove bacon from skillet with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper-towel lined plate.
- Turn heat to medium high and brown chicken on both sides (2 to 3 minutes per side.)
- Pour chicken broth over the chicken breasts and cover skillet with a lid. Cook until chicken is done, about 4 to 5 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Turn off heat and spread barbecue sauce on top of each chicken breast.
- Top with two slices of bacon.
- Divide cheese evenly among the chicken.
- Place under the broiler for 30 seconds to 1 minute - just until cheese is fully melted.
- Top with tomato and green onions.
This great family recipe is thanks to Mom-On-TimeoutRecipes at https://www.momontimeout.com/20-minute-skillet-monterey-chicken/