Meatballs are a great way to introduce lamb into more casual, shareable formats; it’s familiar, but endlessly variable with flavors and cuisines, from Spanish to Korean.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4-5
• 1 tbsp kosher salt
• 2 tbsps heavy cream
• 1 pound ground lamb
• ½ cup manchego, shredded
• 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
• 2 tbsps fresh thyme, chopped
• 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
• 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
• ¼ cup piquillo peppers, small dice
For the Chickpea Puree:
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• 1 tbsp lemon zest
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
• 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
• 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
• 3 cups unsalted canned chickpeas, pre-cooked
For the Yogurt/Quince Vinaigrette:
• ¼ cup yogurt
• 2 tbsps quince
• ¼ cup sherry vinegar
• 2 tsps smoked paprika
• Celery leaves as needed
• Fresh cilantro as needed
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a small bowl combine all ingredients and mix well. Form into 1.5 ounce meatballs and place onto a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place in oven for 12-15 minutes, or until cooked through. Reserve until ready to use.
For the Chickpea Puree: In a food processor, add chickpeas, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and black pepper. Process until smooth. Next, add fresh herbs and process until incorporated. Reserve until ready to use.
- For the Yogurt/Quince Vinaigrette: In a food processor, combine all ingredients and mix until smooth. Reserve until ready to use.
This great family recipe is thanks to True-Aussie-Beef-And-Lamb Recipes at https://www.trueaussiebeefandlamb.com/recipes-usa/foodservice-recipes/lamb/australian-lamb-albondigas/#