Bacon Scallops with Garlic Butter Sauce
Crisp bacon, tender-melt-in-your mouth scallops with the most heavenly butter sauce. So fancy yet so easy!
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 pound scallops
• 1/2 tsp dried basil
• 4 slices bacon, diced
• 1/2 tsp dried oregano
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter
• 2 tbsps chopped fresh parsley leaves
• 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, optional
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Drain excess fat; reserving 1 tablespoon in the skillet. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Remove the small side muscle from the scallops, rinse with cold water and thoroughly pat dry. Season scallops with salt and pepper, to taste. Working in batches, add scallops to the skillet in a single layer and cook, flipping once, until golden brown and translucent in the center, about 1-2 minutes per side. Set aside and keep warm.
- Melt butter in the skillet. Add garlic, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in bacon and scallops.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
This great family recipe is thanks to Damn Delicious Recipes at https://damndelicious.net/2016/02/12/bacon-scallops-with-garlic-butter-sauce/