These baked chicken quesadillas are the easiest and most delicious meal for a crowd! Made with shredded chicken, sour cream and plenty of cheese they are always a hit!
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 8
• salt to taste
• olive oil, for brushing
• 8-10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
• 2 cups, 16 oz. sour cream, divided
• 4 cups shredded chicken (about 1.5 lbs.)
• 1 tbsp (1 or 2) chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
• 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese or mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl stir together the shredded chicken, 1 1/2 cups sour cream, chipotle pepper, shredded cheese and salt to taste.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Grease the parchment with cooking spray or apply olive oil with a brush.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, add 1/3-1/2 cup filling on one side of the tortilla and fold in half.
- Arrange quesadillas on prepared baking sheet and brush or spray with oil.
- Bake on center rack for 15 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Slice into wedges, serve with remaining sour cream, guacamole, salsa or fresh pico de gallo.
This great family recipe is thanks to The Modern proper at https://themodernproper.com/baked-chicken-quesadillas