This classic paella is ready in minutes - perfect for outdoor dining midweek.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 L chicken stock
• 1 onions, thinly sliced
• 3 garlic cloves, crushed
• 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
• 12 extra-large green prawns
• 1 bunch broccolini, chopped
• 1 cup (250 ml) dry white wine
• flat-leaf parsley leaves to serve
• 500g short grain rice (I used arborio)
• 1 red capsicum, deseeded and chopped
• juice of 1 lemon, plus extra wedges to serve
• 2 tsps each smoked paprika and mixed spice
- Preheat oven to 220oC. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and capsicum and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add garlic and spices and cook for a further minute until fragrant. Add rice and stir to coat. Add wine and stock.
- Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low. Cook 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir through the broccolini.
- Spoon into a baking dish. Top with prawns and squeeze over lemon juice. Roast 10-15 minutes until prawns are just cooked and top of rice is starting to crisp slightly.
- Serve scattered with parsley and lemon wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/baked-rice-prawns/DorHG6xz?r=recipes/group/sx8icie0