This Baked Salmon is my preferred way to cook fresh salmon from the grocery, as it’s easy, delicious, and cleanup is a breeze. Serve it as the main dish for dinner, toss it in a mixed green salad, shred it for picnic-friendly salmon salad, and more!
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 12 minutes
• Yield: Serves 3-4
• 1 lb fillet of salmon
• freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Unless they've been removed already by the fishmonger, remove the pinbones from the salmon fillet with tweezers.
- Season the top of the salmon generously with salt, about 1/2 tsp for a 1lb piece. I don't season the bottom of the fish, since I discard the skin.
- Add freshly ground black pepper to the salmon, about 1/4 tsp, or to your taste.
- Place the fish on the lined tray, and bake for 12-14 minutes, until the top is no longer shiny and the fish registers between 125-140F in the middle, depending on desired doneness. 125F is for medium, and 140F is for fully cooked salmon. Serve and enjoy!
This great family recipe is thanks to Fifteen Spatulasat https://www.fifteenspatulas.com/baked-salmon/