Bangers and Mash
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 40 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4-6
• 2 pounds fresh veal or chicken sausages (8 large sausages)
• 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced
• Kosher salt
• 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, diced
• 4 ounces creme fraiche
• 1/2 cup whole milk
• 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 2 teaspoons whole-grain or coarse mustard
• 1 teaspoon dry mustard
• 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place a baking rack on a sheet pan and arrange the sausages in one layer on the baking rack. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until the sausages are just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a large saucepan with 1 tablespoon of salt and enough water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, until the potatoes are very tender. Drain the potatoes in a colander and return them to the saucepan. Add the butter, creme fraiche, milk, Dijon mustard, whole-grain mustard, dry mustard, 1 tablespoon salt, and the pepper and beat the potatoes in the pan with a handheld mixer on low speed until very smooth and creamy.
- To serve, mound a generous portion of potatoes on a dinner plate and top with sausages that have been cut in half diagonally. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and serve.
This great family recipe is thanks toFood Network at https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/bangers-and-mash-recipe-1922731?