Barbecued Octopus and Chorizo Salad
Spicy chorizo sausage adds a meaty touch to this tasty octopus salad.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsps lemon juice
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 2 tsps smoked paprika
• 2 tbsps capers, drained
• 100g baby rocket leaves
• 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
• 1 red onion, cut into wedges
• 1 tbsp finely chopped oregano
• 1 chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
• 800g baby octopus, cleaned, halved
- Combine the octopus, garlic, paprika, oregano, half the lemon juice and half the oil in a large bowl. Season with pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat a barbecue or char-grill pan on high. Add the chorizo and cook for 1 minute each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Reduce heat to low and add the onion. Cook, turning occasionally, for 2 minutes or until onion is soft and just starting to caramelise. Transfer to a plate.
- Place the octopus on the barbecue and cook, turning occasionally, for 2 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Combine remaining lemon juice and oil in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Arrange rocket, chorizo, onion and capers on serving plates. Top with octopus and drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/barbecued-octopus-chorizo-salad/89768de5-6a7d-4b8e-adde-30b9106e21ca