Turn barramundi fillets into a meal sensation with a few ingredients and this clever recipe.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 40 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 40g butter
• 2 tbsps tomato paste
• Potato mash, to serve
• 1/2 cup dry white wine
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 400g can diced tomatoes
• 4 (150g each) barramundi fillets
• 1 medium red capsicum, thinly sliced
• 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
• 1/4 cup caperberries (see note), drained, rinsed
• Shredded fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Melt half the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add capsicum, tomato paste, tomato and wine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes or until thickened. Add caperberries. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Melt remaining butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook fish, in batches, for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Serve with mash, tomato caperberry sauce and parsley.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/barramundi-tomato-caperberry-sauce-mash/51d4f145-c5bb-43fc-ad2b-d24fb19d51cd