A great green sauce for a great steak.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 5 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• green salad to serve
• 2 x 300g rump steaks
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
For cavolo nero dressing:
• 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
• 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tbsps white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
• 1 bunch cavil nero (or kale), leaves trimmed and stems discarded
- For the dressing, bring a saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add the cavolo nero and cook for 30 seconds, then drain and refresh in ice water. Drain and use muslin or a clean Chux to squeeze out excess liquid. Place in a food processor with remaining dressing ingredients. Whiz to form a rough paste. Season to taste and set aside.
- Combine the oil and garlic, then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Spread over the steaks.
- Heat a chargrill pan over high heat. Add the steaks and cook for 3-4 minutes a side for medium-rare. Rest for 5 minutes, lightly covered in foil.
- Slice steak, top with cavolo nero dressing and serve with green salad.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/beef-tagliata-cavolo-nero-dressing/IYO1SjfX?r=recipes/collections/06ujh2ni