Braised Paprika Chicken
I want to share with you this Braised Paprika Chicken recipe. Are you thinking about what for dinner tomorrow? Why not try to make this delicious chicken recipe.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 55 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsps kosher salt
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 2 tbsps smoked paprika
• 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
• 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 1 medium russet potato, small dice
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 1/2 pounds chicken thighs (approx. 6 - 8 pieces)
• 2 medium yellow onions, quartered and thinly sliced crosswise
- Combine kosher salt, paprika, and 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Pat chicken dry and rub the mixture all over. Place a 3-to 4-quart Dutch oven or saucepan over medium heat and add oil. When it smokes, add chicken, skin side down, and cook until well browned, about 3 minutes. Flip and repeat on second side.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and drain off all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings. Return to stove on medium heat, add onions, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook until golden and softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add potatoes and broth and scrape the pan to incorporate any browned bits. Add chicken, bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate and cover.
- Bring sauce to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until slightly reduced, about 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning, as desired. Add chicken, turn to moisten in sauce, and serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Food Network at https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/aida-mollenkamp/braised-paprika-chicken-recipe-1944278