Calamari, Tomato and Basil Pilaf
This tasty pilaf with calamari and grape tomatoes is complete meal in one bowl.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1 1/2 cups Basmati rice
• 200g grape tomatoes, halved
• 1/3 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
• 2 1/2 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
• 1 leek, trimmed, halved, washed, thinly sliced
• 800g small calamari hoods, cleaned, cut into strips
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add rice. Stir to coat. Add stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover with lid. Cook for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook calamari for 2 to 3 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer to a large bowl. Add tomato to pan. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until softened.
- Add tomato, basil and rice mixture to calamari. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/calamari-tomato-basil-pilaf/ec151468-7c58-432d-ad74-05c57aa80fba