Looking for interesting ideas for sausages? Try pairing them up with this Thai-inspired salad.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tsps fish sauce
• 2 tbsps sesame oil
• 1 tbsp sunflower oil
• 4 spring onions, shredded
• sweet chilli sauce, to serve
• 100g baby Asian salad leaves
• grated zest and juice of 1 lime
• 4 thick or 8 thin pork sausages
• 1 bunch Thai basil, leaves picked
• 1 long red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
• 1 tsp grated palm sugar or brown sugar
• 1 bunch Vietnamese mint, leaves picked
- Heat sunflower oil in a chargrill or frypan over medium heat. Cook sausages for 6-8 minutes, turning, until cooked through. Halve sausages lengthways. (Mark on the grill for a further 1 minute if desired).
- Meanwhile, shake sugar, fish sauce, sesame oil, zest and juice in a screw-top jar, then toss dressing with leaves, herbs, spring onion and chilli. Serve the sausages on the salad and drizzle with chilli sauce.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/chargrilled-pork-sausages-thai-style-salad/93d40dc3-21a1-40f2-b160-31af7b61987f?