This recipe is everything you LOVE about Chicken Shawarma all on one sheet pan and ready for your oven in just a few simple steps!
For this Chicken Shawarma Sheet Pan Dinner I used warm spices that taste amazing when cozied up in a pita along with fresh tomato, cucumber, and special tahini sauce that is easy to make using Spectrum Organic Spanish Unrefined extra virgin olive oil.
• Prep and cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 2 tsps salt
• 2 tsps cumin
• 2 tsps tumeric
• 1/2 cup peppers
• 2 tsps cinnamon
• 2 tsps cardamom
• 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
• 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
• 1 purple onion, cut into 1/2 inch thin slices
• 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1/2 inch thin strips
• 3 large boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced into 1 inch strips
For Tahini sauce:
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 cup Tahini
• 2/3 cup water
• 1/2 cup lemon juice
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 4 - 8 Pita bread
• 1 Roma tomato, sliced
• 1/2 English cucumber diced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine the yogurt with cumin, cardamom, turmeric, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the chicken to the marinade and toss until fully coated. Set aside.
- Spread 1 tablespoons of olive oil onto a large rimmed baking sheet. Arrange chicken, onions, bell peppers and peppadews on the baking sheet and drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- Place the baking sheet on the center rack and bake for 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through and onions and peppers are tender.
- Prepare the tahini sauce by placing all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and whisking with a fork until smooth. **It will look like it is seperating for a few minutes before it all comes together, this is normal!
- Serve chicken and roasted veggies in pita bread topped with a generous amount of tahini sauce, cucumber and tomatoes. Enjoy!
This great family recipe is thanks to The Modern Proper at https://themodernproper.com/chicken-shawarma-sheet-pan-dinner