Must try this juicy, plump Aussie prawns!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• Crusty bread, to serve
• 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
• 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1 long green chilli, very finely chopped
• 1kg green king prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
• finely grated zest of 1 lime and juice of 2 limes, plus wedges to serve
For chipotle mayonnaise (makes 11/2 cups)
• 1 egg yolk
• 2 tbsps lime juice
• 1 tbsp white vinegar
• 1 tbsp barbecue sauce
• 1 cup (250ml) light olive oil
• 2 canned chipotle chillies in adobo sauce, plus 1 tbsp sauce
- For the mayonnaise, place the yolk, lime juice, vinegar and a good pinch of sea salt flakes in a food processor and whiz to combine. With the motor running, add the light olive oil in a slow, steady stream until you have a thick, glossy mayonnaise. Add the chipotle chillies, adobo sauce and barbecue sauce, then whiz until smooth. Refrigerate until needed.
- Place the olive oil in a frypan over medium heat. Cook garlic and chilli, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until softened. Stir in the lime zest and half the lime juice, then increase heat to medium-high. Add prawns and cook, turning, for 3-4 minutes or until just cooked, squeezing remaining lime juice over prawns as they cook.
- Place prawns on a serving plate and spoon over a little garlic oil from the pan. Serve warm or cold with chipotle mayonnaise, lime wedges and bread.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/chilli-lime-king-prawns-chipotle-mayonnaise/3570c5b0-66d2-41ff-9015-47e47d082c9b?current_section=recipes