Corn & Crab Bisque
• Prep and cook time: 35 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp hot sauce
• 1 cup cooked corn
• 3/4 tsp dried thyme
• 1 tbsp minced garlic
• 2 cups chicken broth
• 1 cup chopped onion
• 2 tbsp unsalted butter
• 1/2 cup dry white wine
• 1/2 cup chopped celery
• 1 pound lump crab meat
• 1 tbsp chopped parsley
• 1 tbsp chopped green onion
• 1/2 chopped green bell pepper
• 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
• 3 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
• 16 crab claws, optional for garnish
• 1/2 cup blond roux (1/4 cup vegetable oil and 1/4 cup flour)
- Heat the butter over a low to medium heat in a 4-quart saucepot. Add onion, green bell pepper, celery, red pepper and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken broth, white wine and thyme. Bring to boil.
- In a small bowl make blond roux by combining oil and flour and stirring until a smooth paste is formed. Whip in roux until mixture begins to thicken. Whip in cream, reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook until cream is blended in and beginning to thicken. Add salt, hot sauce and corn. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Very carefully in order to not break up lumps, stir in lump crabmeat, parsley and green onions. Simmer until heated.
- Divide into 4 large bowls. Garnish with crab claws (optional).
This great family recipe is thanks to Louisiana Kitchen & Culture at https://louisiana.kitchenandculture.com/recipes/louisiana-corn-crab-bisque?utm_source=BenchmarkEmail&utm_campaign=Oct_22_2015