• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 3 hours & 35 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 2 bay leaves
• 4 sprigs thyme
• 1/2 lb. baby potatoes, quartered
• 4 medium carrots, cut into quarteres
• 1 small head cabbage, cut into wedges
• 3 lb. corned beef brisket with spice packet
- Place brisket in a large Dutch oven and cover with water. Add spice packet, bay leaves, and thyme and place on medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook until tender, checking every 30 minutes and adding water if needed, until beef is tender, about 3 hours.
- Add potatoes and carrots and bring back up to a boil. Cook for 15 minutes, then add cabbage and boil 5 minutes more.
- Remove meat and drain vegetables. Let meat rest 10 minutes before slicing.
This great family recipe is thanks to Delish Recipes at https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a26256517/corned-beef-and-cabbage-recipe/