Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken
Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken with spinach and basil is full of flavor and is perfect for busy weeknights. Best of all, cooks up in one pan in just 30 minutes with a delicious creamy garlic sauce.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• fine sea salt, to taste
• 3/4 cup heavy cream
• 1 tsp Italian seasoning
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 tbsps grated parmesan
• 1 tsp freshly chopped basil
• 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
• freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
• 1 cup loosely packed spinach, chopped
• 2 tbsps butter, ghee or olive oil - divided
• 1/2 cup drained sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
• 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs or 4 chicken breasts
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet with 1 tablespoon butter over medium high heat. Add the chicken and sear on both sides, until brown and cooked through. About 7-8 minutes on each side for chicken thighs and 5-6 minutes on each side for chicken breasts. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining butter in the same pan and add garlic and Italian seasoning. Cook for 30 seconds until fragrant then stir in sun-dried tomatoes and cook for another minute. Add the heavy cream, chicken broth until smooth.
- Add the parmesan and allow sauce to simmer and thicken slightly. Add the spinach and chicken back to the pan and turn off the heat and leave until chicken is heated through and spinach is wilted.
- Serve with your favorite sides or over zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice.
This great family recipe is thanks to Life Made Sweeter Recipes at https://lifemadesweeter.com/sun-dried-tomato-chicken/