Tender chicken breasts cook a garlicky, creamy tomato bath, and the addition kale rounds the creamy chicken skillet meal into a true one-pan dinner. Plus it's ready in just about 20 minutes.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• fennel seed
• heavy cream
• tomato paste
• Chicken breasts
• parmesan cheese
• crushed red pepper flakes
• canned, crushed tomatoes
- Brown the chicken breasts in a bit of olive oil, to give them a nice crisp outside. Set them aside.
- Keep the skillet warm, and add tomato paste, garlic, fennel seed and red pepper flakes. Then pour in the crushed tomatoes, and get the sauce simmering.
- Pour in the heavy cream along with some parmesan and kale.
- When the kale looks wilty, add the seared chicken breasts back to the skillet, and cook until the chicken is done.
- We like to top the finished chicken skillet with cheese and fresh basil then serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to The Modern Proper at https://themodernproper.com/creamy-tomato-chicken-skillet-dinner