Crispy Roasted Chicken Thighs with Chipotle-Coconut Sauce and Black Bean-Mango Salad
Top roasted chicken thighs with a spicy coconut pan sauce and serve them with black beans tossed with mango, onion and cilantro.
• Prep and cook time: 55 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 3 tbsps chopped fresh cilantro
• 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp coconut milk
• 2 tsps chopped chipotle chiles in adobo
• kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tbsps rice vinegar, plus more for the sauce
• one 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 firm ripe mango, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
• 3 pounds chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat (about 6 to 8 thighs)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Put the onions in a bowl with the vinegar and soak 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chicken with 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Place skin-side up in a large ovensafe skillet and roast until the skin is golden brown and crispy and the chicken is cooked through, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the beans, mango and cilantro with the soaked onions and vinegar, 1 tablespoon of the coconut milk and salt and pepper to taste in a medium bowl.
- Transfer the chicken to 4 dinner plates. Carefully pour out the excess fat from the skillet and place on the stovetop over medium-high heat (use caution; the handle will be extremely hot). Add the chipotle chiles, remaining 1/2 cup coconut milk and 1/2 cup water; bring to a boil, scraping the browned bits from the pan. Reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce is slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Add a splash of vinegar and season with salt.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve with the black bean-mango salad on the side.
This great family recipe is thanks to Food Network at https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/crispy-roasted-chicken-thighs-with-chipotle-coconut-sauce-and-black-bean-mango-salad-5496922