This cucumber vinegar salad has the perfect balance between sweet and sour flavors, plus a hint of fresh dill. The red onion adds nice crunch. Enjoy this salad right after you're done making it or store it away to snack on for later.
• Prep and cook time: 1 hour
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 6 Persian cucumbers
• 1/4 tsp ground pepper
• 2 tsps granulated sugar
• 2 tbsps chopped fresh dill
• 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
• 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Using a mandoline (or a knife), thinly slice cucumbers 1/4 inch thick. Transfer the cucumber slices to a fine-mesh strainer set over a large bowl; sprinkle with sugar and salt. Toss to combine. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Discard any liquid in the bowl and wipe the bowl dry. Transfer the cucumbers to the bowl and toss with onion, vinegar, dill and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
This great family recipe is thanks to EatingWell at https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/7949982/cucumber-vinegar-salad/