Duck Breast with Ravioli in Duck Broth
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 Luv-a-Duck Fresh Duck Breasts
• 1 tbsp oil
• 16 large cheese filled agnolotti/ravioli
• 1 litre Luv-a-Duck, Duck Stock
• ½ cup freshly shelled peas
• fresh basil leaves to serve
• Salt to season
• 1 Chopping Board
• 1 Sharp cooks knife
• 1 Medium sized Frying pan oven proof
• 1 sml Saucepan
• 1 sml Deep saucepan
- Preheat oven to 190°C
- Score the skin of the duck breast with a sharp knife in a diagonal pattern and season the skin with salt and pepper.
- Heat frying pan until you can feel a moderate heat coming off it. Place the Luv-a-Duck duck breasts skin side down in the pan for 5 minutes or until the skin is golden. Turn the duck breast and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat and place in the oven for a further 8 minutes. Remove and set pan aside to rest duck for at least 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 ½ cups water in a saucepan over a high heat until boiling, add the ravioli and cook 4-5 mins, drain.
- Heat the Luv a duck stock in the saucepan and bring to the boil add the fresh peas and simmer 2 minutes.
- Ladle 1 cup of duck stock into warmed deep bowls, arrange 4 ravioli in each bowl. Slice duck breast thinly and place slices over the ravioli. Spoon the fresh peas around the each of the bowls and decorate with baby basil leaves. Serve immediately.
• To make this dish even easier try it with Luv-a-Duck's Ready Roasted Traditional Duck Breasts, done and delicious in under 5 minutes.
• This dish is delicious made with any filled pasta the filling should be mild such as cheese, mushroom or pumpkin.
This great family recipe is thanks to Luv-A-Duck Recipes at http://www.luvaduck.com.au/recipes/view/roasted-duck-breast-with-ravioli-in-duck-broth/31/