Dukkah Prawns with Spoon Salad
Surprise your dinner guests with this Middle Eastern sensation of dukkah prawns and "spoon salad", charged with harissa and pomegranate molasses.
• Prep time: 2 hours
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1 cup (280g) thick Greek-style yoghurt
• 1 cup (125g) pistachio or regular dukkah
• Coriander leaves and lemon wedges, to serve
• 16 green prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
• 2 preserved lemon quarters, fresh and white pith discarded, rind finely chopped, plus 1 tbsp juice
For spoon salad:
• 1 tsp harissa
• 1/2 tsp dried mint
• 1 tsp red wine vinegar
• 2 eschalots, finely chopped
• 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
• Seeds of 1/2 pomegranate (Optional)
• 2 tbsps finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
• 1 tsp pomegranate molasses, plus extra to drizzle
• 3 vine-ripened tomatoes, seeds removed, finely chopped
• 1 each red capsicum and Lebanese cucumber, finely chopped
- For the spoon salad, place the vegetables in a fine sieve over a bowl to drain for 1 hour. Transfer to a bowl, stir in remaining ingredients and season.
- Soak 16 wooden skewers in hot water for 10 minutes. Combine oil, garlic and preserved lemon juice in a bowl, then use to brush the prawns before coating them in dukkah. Thread the prawns onto the skewers and chill for 15 minutes.
- Combine preserved lemon rind and yoghurt in a bowl. Season and set aside.
- Heat a frypan or chargrill pan over medium-high heat, then cook the prawns for 2 minutes each side until opaque and just cooked through.
- Serve the prawns with the preserved lemon yoghurt and spoon salad and garnish with coriander leaves and lemon wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/dukkah-prawns-spoon-salad/6ee4d390-d040-45ec-981b-8560328089b2?current_section=recipes&r=recipes/group/sx8icie0