Evil Cousin Double-IPA Flat Iron Bowl
As concepted by Chefs Jeff Hanak and Carlos Sanchez at True Aussie's San Francisco Chef Immersion. Recipe has not been tested in our kitchens.
• Prep time: 30 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• Double IPA
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1 cup kimchee
• 4 eggs, poached
• Sliced green onion
• ¼ cup diced onion
• 1 tbsp minced garlic
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• Sesame seeds, toasted
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 2 bunches flowering broccoli
• 1 pound Australian grassfed beef top sirloin
• 2 cups dry long-grain rice, preferably basmati
• One 22-ounce bottle Heretic Brewing Company Evil Cousin
- Marinate the steak in the double IPA, olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Remove it from the marinade and sear the beef to rare; let it rest before slicing.
- In a pot, sauté garlic, onion, and rice together until coated. Add 3 ½ cups water and a pinch of salt and bring to a simmer. Cover and steam until tender. Remove from heat and let the rice sit for 20 minutes. Fluff before serving.
- Assemble each bowl with 1 cup steamed rice, 4 ounces sliced steak, ¼ cup kimchee, ¾ to 1 cup broccoli, and top each with a poached egg. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion, as desired.
This great family recipe is thanks to True-Aussie-Beef-And-Lamb Recipes at https://www.trueaussiebeefandlamb.com/recipes-usa/foodservice-recipes/beef/evil-cousin-double-ipa-flat-iron-bowl/#