The toasted flavor of the freekeh makes for a lovely companion with the fresh taste of sweet corn and aragula.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
For the Salad:
For the Dressing:
• pinch of salt
• 2 tsps honey
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 2 tbsps lemon juice
• 3 tbsps flat leaf parsley
• 2 tbsps white balsamic vinegar (or can be regular balsamic vinegar)
- In a small pot, bring 1 1/4 cup of water to a boil with a pinch of salt. Add the freekeh, reduce to a simmer, cover, and let cook for about 20 minutes. Nearly all the water should be absorbed. Turn off heat and let sit while preparing the salad.
- Light grill or heat grill pan over medium-low heat. Remove husk and silk from the corn and cut onion into thin slices. Brush both with olive oil and grill until both are lightly charring. Remove from heat, dice onion, and remove kernels from corn cob.
- Toss cooked freekeh with arugula, diced onion, corn kernels, almond slices, and feta.
- To make dressing, combine ingredients in a blender and puree. Add more olive oil if dressing is too thick for your liking.
TIP: I love arugula in this salad, the peppery taste may be too overwhelming for some. Try using other greens with a more low-key flavor profile, like spinach.
This great family recipe is thanks to Naturally Yella at https://naturallyella.com/freekeh-salad-with-sweet-corn-and-arugula/