Fried Sausages and Apples Skillet meal is a two ingredient easy weeknight meal made from only smoked sausages and apples. Smoked sausages and naturally sweet apples combine for a delicious balanced bite with big flavor!
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 pounds smoked sausages
• 4 pounds apples about 8 large apples or 12 medium
- Wash, core and cut half the apples in quarters. Thinly slice the other half.
- In a large heavy bottomed pan over medium high heat cook sausages until they begin to brown then add the apples and continue to cook, stirring apples and turning sausage frequently.
- When the apples and the sausages are browned, after about 3-5 minutes add 1/4 cup water and cover the pan.
- Simmer and steam for 3-5 minutes, then remove lid and continue cooking until sausages are browned and heated through, the larger apples have softened and the sliced apples have turned to applesauce.
- Remove from heat and remove the sausage rope to a cutting board. Slice sausage and either return to skillet or transfer the apples, sauce and sliced sausage to a serving platter.
- Serve as is or with grainy mustard and a crusty loaf of bread.
This great family recipe is thanks to Fresh Flavourful at https://freshflavorful.com/2018/02/fried-sausage-and-apples.html