Make the most of juicy king prawns by slathering in this buttery garlicky sauce – a light, punchy dinner idea ready in 20 minutes.
• Prep and cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 1 1/2 cumin seeds
• 100g unsalted butter
• a squeeze lemon juice
• 12 whole raw king prawns
• 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• crusty bread to serve (Optional)
• a small handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Shell the prawns, leaving the little end tail in place. Butterfly the prawns by gently running a sharp knife along the back of the prawns so that they open up and remove the black vein.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan. Lightly crush the cumin seeds with a pestle and mortar and add to the pan with the garlic. Fry for 1 minute before tossing in the prawns and cooking for 2-3 minutes until they’ve turned pink. Stir through the parsley and a good squeeze of lemon juice, and serve with crusty bread, if you like.
This great family recipe is thanks to Olive Magazine Recipes at https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/quick-and-easy/garlic-and-cumin-butter-prawns/