Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi is so quick and easy! A garlic buttery scampi sauce with a hint of white wine & lemon in less than 10 minutes! Serve as an appetizer/light meal OR for dinner with pasta! Keep it low carb and serve it over zucchini noodles or with steamed cauliflower!
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 5 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 tbsps butter
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 2 tbsps lemon juice
• 1/4 cup chopped parsley
• 1/4 cup dry white wine or broth
• salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
• 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes or to taste (Optional)
• 4 - 5 large garlic cloves, minced (or 1 1/2 tbsps minced garlic)
• 1 1/4 pounds (600gm) large shrimp prawns, shelled with tails on or off
- Heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a large pan or skillet. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant (about 30 seconds - 1 minute). Then add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper to taste and sauté for 1-2 minutes on one side (until just beginning to turn pink), then flip.
- Pour in wine (or broth), add red pepper flakes (if using). Bring to a simmer for 1-2 minutes or until wine reduces by about half and the shrimp is cooked through (don't over cook your shrimp).
- Stir in the remaining butter, lemon juice and parsley and take off heat immediately.
- Serve over rice, pasta, garlic bread or steamed vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini noodles).
This great family recipe is thanks to Cafe Delites at https://cafedelites.com/garlic-butter-shrimp-scampi/