Green Chicken Enchiladas
This is the BEST Green Chicken Enchiladas recipe ever! Gooey, melty mozzarella and Jack cheese, taco-seasoned shredded chicken, sour cream and corn tortillas, all slathered in mildly tangy green enchilada sauce and baked until your house smells like your favorite Mexican restaurant (in the very best way). Oh yes, this is the chicken enchilada recipe you’ve been looking for.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 1 cup sour cream
• 10 x 10” corn tortillas
• 2 tbsps taco seasoning
• 3 cups mozzarella, shredded
• 1 (28 oz) green enchilade sauce
• 3 cups monterey jack, shredded
• 4 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl combine shredded chicken, 2 cups of the mozzarella and 2 cups of the Monterey jack cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning. Mix until well incorporated.
- Wrap tortillas in a damp paper or tea towel and microwaves for 1 minute.
- In a skillet, warm the enchilada sauce. Working with one tortilla at a time, dip it in the enchilada sauce until lightly coated. Scoop ⅓ cup of the enchilada filling into the tortilla and roll tightly. arrange (see side down) in a 9X13 baking dish and repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the prepared enchiladas followed by the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until cheese is bubbling.
This great family recipe is thanks to The Modern Proper at https://themodernproper.com/green-chicken-enchiladas