• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• Pinch of salt
• Pinch of sugar
• 1 tsp Asian sesame oil
• 2 tbsps red miso paste
• 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
• 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsps vegetable oil
• 1 1/4 pounds beef tenderloin, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Preheat a grill. In a saucepan, heat the vegetable oil. Add the garlic and cook over low heat until crisp, stirring, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the garlic to a blender; reserve the garlic oil for another use. Add the soy sauce, miso, sesame oil, sugar and salt to the blender and puree.
- Thread the meat on skewers. Lightly brush the meat with some of the miso glaze. Grill over high heat for 1 minute. Brush with the miso glaze a second time and grill, turning, until charred, about 2 minutes; serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Food & Wine Recipes at https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/grilled-beef-tenderloin-skewers-with-red-miso-glaze