This Grilled clams cooked in foil packets with zucchini and tomatoes in a garlic white wine sauce - so fast and easy, perfect to make all summer long.
Clams are tender and juicy, and taste sweetly briny. They’re easy to cook by steaming on the grill in foil packets, and are delicious eaten in or out of the shell. If you want a fast meal, this dish take about 10 minutes to make, and even less time to to clean-up!
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 1 clove garlic, sliced
• 3 tsps extra virgin olive oil
• 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
• 20 littleneck or cherrystone clams
• crushed red pepper flakes (Optional)
• kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
• 1 tbsp dry white wine, omit for Whole30
• 10 ounce 1 medium zucchini, cut 1 inch pieces
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Make foil packets. Tear off 2 18” sheets of Reynolds Wrap Heavy-Duty or Non-Stick Aluminum Foil.
- In a medium bowl combine the zucchini, tomatoes, garlic, 2 teaspoons of the olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper to taste.
- Place 10 clams on the center of each foil sheet. Divide the vegetables, then top with crushed red pepper flakes. Drizzle the remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil over each and 1/2 tablespoon wine over both.
- Bring up the long sides of the foil, so the ends meet over the food. Double fold the ends, leaving room for heat to circulate inside. Double fold the two short ends to seal the packet tight, so no steam escapes.
- Grill covered over high heat, until the clams open, 8 to 10 minutes. Use gloves or tongs to remove and carefully open.
- To bake in the oven, preheat oven to 425F and cook about 10 minutes.
This great family recipe is thanks to Skinny Taste at https://www.skinnytaste.com/grilled-clams-in-foil/?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly