We're big fans of dipping the grilled bread in the garlic butter sauce. We won't judge you if it dribbles down your chin a bit.
• Prep and cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter
• lemon wedges, for serving
• 24 cherrystone clams, scrubbed
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 1 head of garlic, cut in half, horizontally
• 2 links of fresh Mexican-style chorizo (about 8 oz)
• 4 1/2" slices country-style bread, grilled or toasted
- Combine butter and garlic, cut side down, in a small saucepot and place over medium heat so the butter melts but does not brown; set aside.
- Prepare grill for medium heat. Grill chorizo, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill clams just until they open, about 2 minutes. As clams open, using tongs, place directly in serving bowls being careful not to spill their juices. Drizzle clams with some of the garlic butter as they come off the grill.
- Slices each piece of chorizo into 6 pieces, add to clams, drizzle with more garlic butter, and top with parsley. Serve with grilled bread and lemons wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to bon appetite at https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/grilled-clams-chorizo