Grilled Octopus with Sweet Lime & Cashew Dipping Sauce
Serve these succulent little octopuses with the zesty, nutty dipping sauce.
• Prep time: 2 hours
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp light olive
• 1 tbsp fish sauce
• lime wedges, to serve
• 750g cleaned baby octopus
• 1 stem lemon grass, pale section only, finely chopped
For the sweet lime & cashew dipping sauce:
• 2 tsps fish sauce
• 125ml (1/2 cup) water
• 2 tbsps fresh lime juice
• 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
• 1 fresh red birdseye chilli, finely chopped
• 2 tbsps finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
• 1/2 lebanese cucumber, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
• 45g (1/4 cup) whole salted roasted cashews, finely chopped
- Combine the octopus, fish sauce, oil and lemon grass in a large glass bowl. Gently toss until well combined. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2 hours to develop the flavours.
Meanwhile, to make the sweet lime & cashew dipping sauce, combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan and stir over low heat for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to mediumhigh and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool. Stir in the lime juice, fish sauce, cucumber, cashews, coriander and chilli. Transfer to a serving bowl and set aside until required.
- Heat a barbecue or chargrill on high. Add the octopus and cook, turning occasionally, for 4 minutes or until curled, brown and tender. Transfer to a large serving platter. Serve immediately with dipping sauce and lime wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/grilled-octopus-sweet-lime-cashew-dipping-sauce/07dd7fa5-5540-4e3c-a25d-6da4a5dc092e