Grilled Stuffed Pizza Burgers
Two all-time favorite foods together in one terrific sandwich!
• Cook time: 35 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/4 cup chopped pepperoni (about 1 oz)
• 2 tbsps sliced ripe olives
• 1/2 cup pizza sauce
• 6 slices (3/4 oz each) mozzarella cheese, cut in half diagonally
• 6 burger buns, split, toasted
• 6 leaves lettuce
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In large bowl, mix ground beef and salt. Shape mixture into 12 thin patties, each about 4 inches in diameter.
- In small bowl, mix pepperoni, olives and 1/3 cup of the pizza sauce. Spoon rounded tablespoon pepperoni mixture onto center of 6 patties; spread slightly. Top with remaining patties; press edges together firmly to seal.
- Place patties on grill; cover grill. Cook with medium heat 8 to 12 minutes, turning once, until thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 160°F (avoid inserting in filling). During last 1 to 2 minutes of cooking time, top each patty with cheese and rounded teaspoon of remaining pizza sauce, and place buns, cut side down, on grill; cook until cheese is melted and buns are lightly toasted.
- To serve, place lettuce and patties in bottom halves of buns. Cover with top halves of buns.
This great family recipe is thanks to Betty-Crocker Recipes at https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/grilled-stuffed-pizza-burgers/3ee05242-0680-4b20-a65e-b6d6047a492c