• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 3 tsps pesto
• 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
• 3 cloves garlic, crushed
• ¼ cup fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
• 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
• 2 tsps fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
• 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
• 4 frenched lamb cutlet racks (3 cutlets in each)
• Roasted vegetables like red onion wedges, zucchini and sweet potato, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place lamb in a roasting dish in a pan and brown all side and then brush on half a tablespoon of mustard onto each rack.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, herbs, garlic and pesto in a bowl, mix well. Press the breadcrumb mixture evenly over lamb racks.
- Roast lamb uncovered for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 160°C and cook for a further 15-20 minutes (medium rare) or cook until lamb is cooked as desired.
- Remove lamb, cover loosely, and rest for 5 minutes before cutting the racks into cutlets and serve lamb with roasted vegetables including red onion wedges, zucchini and sweet potato.
This great family recipe is thanks to Australian Lamb Recipes at https://www.australianlamb.com.au/recipes/herb-crusted-lamb-cutlets/#