Honey Lime Sriracha Chicken Wings
Honey Lime Sriracha Chicken Wings are the perfect appetizers for game day or any party. The best part is, they are easy to make in the oven or your slow cooker with a sweet and sticky Asian inspired glaze.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 5 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2.5 pounds chicken wings approximately 18-20 wings, rinsed and patted dry
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
For the Glaze:
• 4 tbsps unsalted butter
• 1/3 cup honey
• 2 tbsps low sodium soy sauce can substitute with gluten free tamari or coconut aminos for paleo-friendly version
• 2 tbsps lime juice
• 1 tsp cornstarch
• 1/4 - 1/3 cup Sriracha sauce or to taste
- In a large freezer bag or bowl, combine the chicken wings, garlic powder and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To make the Glaze: Heat all the ingredients together in a saucepan on the stovetop over medium heat and allow to simmer until slightly thickened. You can also heat the sauce in a microwaveable bowl for 2-3 minutes until the glaze is hot and thickened slightly.
- Baked Version: Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup. Place an oven-proof baking rack on top and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Bake on the upper middle rack for 40 minutes, flipping the wings over halfway through. Brush the wings with half of the glaze and turn the oven to broil - for about 4-5 minutes, or until crispy, watching closely so they don't burn. Flip chicken over and brush on remaining glaze and broil the other side until crispy.
- Slow Cooker Version: In a 5-6 quart slow cooker, add the chicken wings and pour half of the glaze over top. Stir to combine. Cook on high for 2-3 hours (or low 4-6 hours) or until wings are cooked through.
Remove wings from slow cooker and place on a baking sheet lined with foil. Brush the wings with remaining glaze and broil for approximately 4-5 minutes or until crispy, watching closely so they don't burn. Flip chicken over and brush on remaining glaze and broil the other side until crispy.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
This great family recipe is thanks to Life-Made-Sweeter Recipes at https://lifemadesweeter.com/honey-lime-sriracha-chicken-wings/