• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
• 2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 to 3 tbsps honey mustard
• 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
• 2 cooking apples, cut into chunks
• 1 large onion, cut into large chunks
• 1 1/2 tsps unsalted butter, softened
• kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
• 1 to 2 tbsps roughly chopped fresh parsley
• 8 x chicken thighs (about 2 to 2 1/2 pounds)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches if necessary, add the chicken, skin-side down, and cook until golden, about 6 minutes. Flip and cook 2 to 3 more minutes, then transfer to a plate. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings.
- Add the onion and apples to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook until slightly softened, about 4 minutes. Mix the broth with the mustard, then add to the skillet and bring to a boil. Arrange the chicken, skin-side up, in the skillet. Transfer to the oven and roast until the chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix the butter and flour to form a paste. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken, apples and onion to plates. Bring the pan juices to a simmer, whisk in about half of the butter-flour mixture and boil to thicken, 2 minutes. Continue to cook, adding more of the butter-flour mixture as needed to make a slightly thick gravy. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken and sprinkle with parsley.
This great family recipe is thanks to Food Network at https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/honey-mustard-chicken-and-apples-recipe-2105063