This skillet chicken with savory, sweet and tangy honey orange sauce. Easy recipe, takes 20 mins, great for dinner!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp oil
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 5 (20 oz / 600g) chicken thighs
• white sesame seeds, for garnishing
• Chopped parsley leaves, for garnishing
• 1 tbsp Asian cooking wine (sake or Chinese rice wine) * Optional
• 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
• 1/2 cup orange juice
• 1 tbsp soy sauce or more to taste
• 1 - 2 tsps bottled garlic chili sauce
• 3 1/2 tbsps honey or more to taste
- Debone the chicken thighs, keep the skin on. Add the cooking wine and soy sauce to the chicken, stir to combine well.
- Add all the ingredients in the Sauce, whisk to combine well. Set aside.
- Heat up a skillet, pan-fry the chicken with the skin side down. Turn over and pan-fry both sides of chicken until browned. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter. Add the cooking oil to the skillet, saute the garlic until slightly brown, add the chicken back into the skillet, follow by the Sauce.
- Turn the heat to low and let cook until the sauce reduces a bit. Top the chicken with parsley and sesame. Serve immediately.
NOTES: You may cook the chicken without removing the bones. You can follow my post and video on " How to Debone Chicken Thighs ." You may also use boneless and skinless chicken thighs or breasts for this recipe.
This great family recipe is thanks to RASA MALAYSIA at https://rasamalaysia.com/honey-orange-chicken/