• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1/2 cup (100g) Puy lentils
• 500g Italian pork sausages
• 1 firm pear, cut into thin wedges
• 2 spring onions, thinly sliced into rounds
• 1 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
• 2 cups loosely packed picked watercress (or rocket)
• 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
• 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
• 1/4 cup (60ml) apple cider vinegar
- Cook the lentils in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- To make the dressing, whisk all the ingredients in a bowl until well combined, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frypan over medium heat and cook sausages, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Combine lentils, three-quarters of the dressing and remaining ingredients in a bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Spread lentil salad over a platter, top with the sausages and drizzle with remaining dressing. Serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to Delicious at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/italian-sausage-pear-lentil-watercress-salad/FGDo49ca?r=recipes/collections/yil20vmy