Kung Pao Chicken Tacos
This amazing tacos with Chinese Kung Pao Chicken. Savory and slightly spicy chicken and roasted peanuts make the tacos so delicious!
• Prep time: 25 minutes
• Cook time: 5 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsps oil
• salsa (Optional)
• Corn or flour tortilla
• Cilantro, for garnishing
• 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
• 2 cups shredded cabbage
• 6 slices peeled fresh ginger
• 1 stalk scallions, cut into strips
• 1/2 small red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
• 8 dried red chillies, seeded and slice into halves
• 1 1/2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
• 2 tsps soy sauce
• 1 tbsp cornstarch
For the sauce:
• 1 tsp sugar
• 2 tbsps water
• 1 tsp cornstarch
• 1 tsp dark soy sauce
• 1 1/2 tbsps light soy sauce
• 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar or Chinese black vinegar, preferred
- Marinate the chicken with the Marinade, set aside for 10 minutes.
- Mix all the Sauce ingredients in a small bowl, stir to combine well. Set aside.
- Heat up a wok or skillet with the oil, stir fry the ginger until aromatic. Add the red bell peppers and dried red chilies, stir fry until you smell the spicy aroma from the dried chilies. Add the chicken and stir fry continuously until the chicken turn opaque. Add the roasted peanuts, and stir in the Sauce. When the sauce thickens and the chicken is completely cooked, add the scallions before transferring the Kung Pao Chicken out on a serving platter.
- Assemble the tacos by adding some Kung Pao Chicken onto the taco, then add some shredded cabbage and cilantro on top. If you like, you may add some salsa, but I prefer to have my salsa on the side, and having them as a palate cleaner in between each tacos.
This great family recipe is thanks to RASA MALAYSIA at https://rasamalaysia.com/kung-pao-chicken-tacos/