• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 lamb mini roasts
• Few sprigs fresh thyme leaves
• 2 cloves garlic, peeled and cut
• Mashed parsnip and cavolo nero (Tuscan cabbage), to serve
• ½ cup brown sugar
• ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC. Rub the cut garlic cloves over the lamb, brush with a little oil, sprinkle with thyme leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- Sear in hot pan to brown and finish in the oven for 20 minutes for medium rare.
- Remove lamb, cover loosely, rest lamb for 10 minutes before serving. Slice the lamb against the grain and drizzle with the Balsamic syrup.
- To make Balsamic syrup: Combine the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in a small pan, slowly bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes until thickened and syrupy.
- Served with mashed parsnip and cavolo nero (Tuscan cabbage).
This great family recipe is thanks to Australian Lamb Recipes at https://www.australianlamb.com.au/recipes/lamb-mini-roast-with-balsamic-syrup/#