Lemon Orzo with Scallops
• Prep and cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1 tsp fresh thyme
• Hot cooked pasta
• 5 tbsps butter, divided
• 1/2 cup dry white wine
• Garnish: fresh thyme sprigs
• 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
• 1/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
• Pinch of grated or ground nutmeg
• 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 1 pound sea or bay scallops, drained
• 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a cast-iron or ovenproof skillet. Stir in wine and next 5 ingredients. Add scallops, turning to coat. Remove from heat.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a small bowl in the microwave, and stir in panko and nuts. Sprinkle mixture over scallops. Bake at 375° for 10 to 12 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve with hot cooked pasta. Garnish, if desired.
This great family recipe is thanks to My Recipes Recipes at https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/hazelnut-crusted-scallops