Check out our light prawn laksa recipe. Ready in just 30 minutes, this quick and easy laksa recipe is packed with punchy flavour and is super simple to make. What's more, it's low in calories and low in salt.
• Prep and cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• vegetable oil
• 90g rice noodles
• 1 tsp curry powder
• 2 tbsps laksa paste
• 1 tin light coconut milk
• a handful bean sprouts
• 1 tsp mild chilli powder
• 1 clove garlic, chopped
• a handful sugar snap peas
• 180g raw peeled king prawns
• a thumb sized piece ginger, chopped
• a small bunch coriander, finely chopped
• lime wedge
• red chilli sliced
- Put the ginger, garlic, laksa paste, curry and chilli powders with 1 tbsp of water in a food processor and whizz to a paste.
- Heat 2 tsp of vegetable oil in a pan and fry the paste for 2-3 minutes, stirring all the time, until fragrant.
- Tip in the coconut milk along with 250ml of water, season and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar snap peas and prawns, and simmer for 1 minute, then add the noodles and bean sprouts, and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Serve with a sprinkling of coriander, lime for squeezing and red chilli slices.
This great family recipe is thanks to Olive Magazine at https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/fish-and-seafood/light-prawn-laksa/