These savory little pies taste great whether served warm or at room temperature. And you can double or triple the recipe for large gatherings. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and fresh thyme before serving for a pretty presentation.
• Prep time: 25 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 12
• 1 tbsp water
• flaky sea salt
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1/3 cup dry sherry
• 1/4 tsp kosher salt
• fresh thyme leaves
• 1/8 tsp black pepper
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 refrigerated piecrusts
• 2 tbsps unsalted butter
• 1 large egg, lightly beaten
• 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
• 1 large shallot, finely chopped
• 1/2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
• 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, chopped
• 2 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
• 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degree. Melt butter with olive oil in a large skillet oven medium-high. Add shallot; cook, stirring often until slightly transparent and fragrant, 1 minute. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned about 8 minutes. Add garlic, thyme and rosemary; cook, stirring often until fragrant 1 minute. Add sherry and cook until liquid is nearly all evaporated 2 more minutes. Removefrom heat; let cool slightly 10 minutes. Mix in cream cheese, goat cheese, kosher salt and pepper.
- Coat 2 (12 cup) miniature muffin pans or 1 (24 cup) miniature muffin pan with cooking spray. Unroll both piecrusts on a work surface. Using a 3 1/4 inch round cutter, cut out 12 dough rounds; using a 2 1/2 inch round cutter, cut out 12 more dough rounds, combining and rolling out remaining dough once, if necessary.
- Whisk together egg and water. Fit a 3 1/4 inch dough round into every other muffin cup in pans, leaving a small edge at top. Brush edges with some of the egg mixture. Spoon about 1 tablespoon mushroom mixture into each dough cup. Top each filled cup with a 2 1/2 inch dough round, crimping edges of bottom and top crusts together to seal.
- Brush tops of pies with remaining egg mixture, and sprinkle with flaky sea salt and thyme. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, 25 - 30 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
This great family recipe is thanks to my recipes at https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/mini-mushroom-goat-cheese-pot-pies