• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 500g beef mince
• ½ cup basmati rice, washed
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 red onion, finely diced
• 2 generous pinches of salt
• Pepper to taste
• ¾ cup water
• 700g passata
• 2 broccoli heads, quartered
• Extra virgin olive oil
- In a bowl, place mince, rice, garlic, onion, one pinch of salt and pepper. Combine well with a spoon or hands.
- Heat a heavy based saucepan on medium and pour in passata and water. Then roll the mince mixture into small meatballs (smaller than a golf ball), placing them straight into the passata.
- Once you’ve rolled all the meatballs. Place a lid on the saucepan and simmer for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, place broccoli into food processor and pulse until finely chopped like rice. Place into a non-stick pan with a drizzle of olive oil and the remaining pinch of salt.
- Saute for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until tender.
- When meatballs are cooked, serve on a bed of broccoli ‘rice’ and serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Australian Beef Recipes at https://www.australianbeef.com.au/recipes/mini-porcupine-meatballs-with-broccoli-rice/#