This easy meatless pasta dinner requires only 6 ingredients and 30 minutes! Mushrooms are sauteed with spinach, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and combined with ravioli. Use baby portobellos, shiitake, oyster mushrooms, cremini, or button mushrooms.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• salt and pepper
• 5 oz spinach, fresh
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
• 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
• 10 oz ravioli (cheese ravioli, pesto-filled)
• 10 oz mushrooms (cremini, button mushrooms or baby portobellos)
- Cook ravioli until al dente. Drain.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium heat.
- Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes and sliced mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add fresh spinach, minced garlic, red pepper flakes. Continue cooking and stirring until the spinach wilts.
- To the skillet with sautéed mushrooms and vegetables add cooked ravioli, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and stir. Reheat gentle on medium-low heat.
- season with salt and pepper.
TIPS: What to serve with mushroom ravioli - Ravioli is Italian filled pasta. When combined with mushrooms and veggies, it is a complete meal. Here are some ideas of what goes well with ravioli:
• Creamy sauce - Add a creamy sauce such as alfredo sauce or creamy sun-dried tomato sauce.
• Protein - Serve mushroom ravioli with grilled chicken, salmon and asparagus or baked trout. You can also serve ravioli with lamb loin chops.
TIPS: Side dishes for ravioli - Because ravioli is already rich in flavor, complement it with a lighter side dish or a salad. Here are some ideas:
• Salad - Want to keep your meal meatless? Serve simple salad with spinach or arugula. Or, try this refreshing tomato cucumber avocado salad.
• Roasting vegetable - Serve roasted asparagus, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, or green beans.
TIPS: What sauce goes well with ravioli:
• Alfredo sauce
• Marinara sauce
• Four cheese pasta sauce
• Creamy sun-dried tomato sauce
This great family recipe is thanks to Julia's Album at https://juliasalbum.com/mushroom-ravioli/