Mustard Pork Fillet with Apple Lentils & Herb Aioli
An elegant dinner party dish which is inexpensive and easy to prepare
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 1kg Pork loin fillet
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
• small bunch tarragon, chopped
• 350g Puy lentils
• 1L vegetable stock
• zest and juice 1 lemon
• 1 apple, cored and diced
• 200g jar good-quality mayonnaise
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• green beans, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Rub the pork with a tbsp of oil, add some seasoning, then seal the outside of the meat all over in a hot frying pan. Transfer the pork to a baking sheet, brush the outside with the mustard, then press on half of the tarragon and cook for 20 mins. Remove from the oven and cover with foil for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook the lentils in the stock until just tender, about 12 mins, drain, then toss with the remaining olive oil, half the lemon juice and the apple.
- To make the aioli, mix the mayo, garlic, lemon zest and remaining juice and tarragon with some seasoning, then set aside. Slice the pork into thick slices and serve on a platter with the lentils, a bowl of aioli to dip into and some green beans.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Goodfood at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1580649/mustard-pork-fillet-with-apple-lentils-and-herb-ai