Octopus And Potato Salad
Octopus And Potato Salad Recipe - boiled then grilled octopus, served with boiled potatoes and simple dressing. Tender octopus in combination with soft potatoes, a healthy and filling warm salad, that is easy to make and perfect for seafood lovers.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 45 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1/4 tsp garlic
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 2 lb fresh octopus
• 1 lb small potatoes
• 1/8 tsp black pepper
• 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
• 1 tbsp parsley — chopped
• 2 tbsps apple cider vinegar — or lemon juice
- Clean octopus, it it was bought previously frozen, it will most likely not require cleaning.
- Bring a large bot of water to a boil. Add octopus. Boil for 15 minutes, then add potatoes.
- Boil for about 30 more minutes. Remove the octopus and cut a piece to test doneness. If it appears too dense and chewy, boil for another 5-10 minutes. Carefully remove the potatoes.
- Cut the tentacles of the octopus.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a grill skillet over medium heat. Add octopus. Cook for 2 minutes per side, turning once (total of 4 minutes). Remove and transfer to a plate.
- Cut potatoes onto bite sized pieces. Arrange on a plate.
- Add octopus on top. Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar (or lemon juice). Top with parsley. Serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to Cooking LSL Recipes at https://cookinglsl.com/octopus-and-potato-salad-recipe/