• Prep and cook time: 4 hours & 3 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• chilli aioli
• 1 red chilli
• 1 lt olive oil
• 2 egg yolks
• salt to taste
• 1 lemon zest
• 1 lemon juice
• 1 tbls dijon mustard
• 300ml grape seed oil
• 500g octopus tentacles
• 1/2 bunch finely parsley
• 300ml extra virgin olive oil
• 10ea kalamata olives, diced
• 1 garlic clove, roasted and pureed
- Blanch the octopus in boiling water for 3 mins then refresh in some ice water.
- Cook the octopus in the oil for 3 to 4 hours at 80 degrees Celcius.
- Remove from oil and slice into bite size pieces.
Gremolata: Combine all ingredients in a bowl
- Whisk the yolk, mustard and garlic together till it is light and fluffy, slowly whisk in the oil till it thickens.
- Finely chop chilli and whisk into aioli.
- Arrange octopus on plate and pour gremolata over and around the octopus.
- Place a small amount of aioli to the side or around octopus being careful not to put too much as it is very spicy.
- The octopus is best served at room temperature..
This great family recipe is thanks to ABC Recipes at https://www.abc.net.au/radio/recipes/octopus-gremolate-with-chilli-aioli/8908150