Pan-Roasted Prawns in Tomato, Basil and Feta Sauce
This is a super healthy and easy seafood recipe that you will enjoy eating alfresco during the summer months.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1/3 cup (80 ml) ouzo
• 5 eschalots, chopped
• 250g Greek feta, crumbled
• 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
• 1/3 cup (95 g) tomato paste
• 1 leek (white part only), chopped
• 1/3 cup (about 80 ml) extra virgin olive oil
• 1kg large prawns, peeled (heads and tails intact), deveined
• Basil leaves, chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves and crusty bread, to serve
- Heat the oil in a frypan with a lid over medium heat. Add the leek, eschalot and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes until leek is soft.
- Add prawns and cook, turning, for a further 1 minute or until starting to colour. Increase heat to high, then add ouzo and bring to the boil.
- Combine the tomato paste with 1/3 cup (80ml) water in a small bowl, then add to the frypan. Cook, covered, for a further 2-3 minutes until reduced slightly. Top with feta and herbs, and serve with bread.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/pan-roasted-prawns-tomato-basil-feta-sauce/alOep4M1?r=recipes/group/sx8icie0